Thursday, October 22, 2009

Where did my figure go?

At my midwife appointment yesterday, I got on the scale (as usual) and found out that I have gained about 26 pounds during pregnancy...and I still have 6 weeks to go! While I know that this is good for baby, I am just hoping I won't find it to hard to get back down to my normal weight.

Above is a picture of me and Ryan on our anniversary (New Year's Eve) 2008. It's pretty obvious that I won't be looking like this on New Year's Eve 2009, but we will be glad to be celebrating our 4th anniversary, and the new year, with our new bundle of joy.

Usually, I don't have to exercise much or watch what I eat to maintain my weight. However, during pregnancy I have been giving in to desires for unhealthy treats (like milk shakes, Little Debbie snack cakes, etc) more often than I normally would. Also, I have been enjoying not exercising. Even though I bought 3 pre-natal workout dvds, I find that I am not in the mood to do them after I get home from work. I feel like I've been staying pretty active during my pregnancy...just not with traditional exercise, per se. I let my household chores and walks with Humphrey serve as my exercise. After baby arrives, it's back to healthy snacking and regular (3+ times per week) exercise... OR, maybe that'll start AFTER the holidays. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment