Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tum ta tum tum tums!


I have finally fallen victim to another lovely side effect of pregnancy...heartburn. I had actually never experienced heartburn before I got pregnant. Now that I know what it is, I will do my best to avoid it in the future. My heartburn symptoms are more in my throat than in my heart. The feeling is similar to food forcing itself back up your throat from your stomach. Not pleasant. Thankfully, pregnant women are allowed to take Tums (one of the few medicines we are allowed), so I keep a bottle of Tums next to our sofa so I can take one after dinner. My heartburn usually strikes at night, but I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up more regularly now that I am well into my third trimester. Let's hope I don't have any more strange side effects for the next 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment