Monday, October 12, 2009

Snuggle Bug


Humphrey (our spoiled almost 60 lb shar pei mix - aka mutt) has certainly been acting differently lately. I don't know if he knows that we are having a baby, but he definitely has been soaking up all the attention he can get from me and Ryan.

Here's a taste of how spoiled Humphrey is. He is home with Ryan all day (since Ryan works from a home office), so he is able to sit out in the sun on sunny days and snuggle on the sofa on cold days. Humphrey is allowed on almost all of the furniture in our house. He has his own bed, but he usually chooses to sleep with us on our bed or on the sofa or big chair. He has his own bucket of toys and his own cookie jar filled with treats. He gets all of our attention.

Lately, Humphrey has enjoyed sleeping right in between Ryan and I during early mornings. He snuggles in and puts his head right on our pillows. Last night, he even crawled up next to me both on the sofa and on the bed to rest his head on my belly. When I rolled over to go to sleep, he climbed off the bed and came over to my side to nestle his head under mine (literally, he burrowed his head under mine until I wasn't even sure if he could breathe!). I wonder if he is doing these things because he knows a big change is coming...and he won't be the center of attention anymore. Ryan and I aren't sure...but we are becoming more positive that Humphrey will be a loving big brother to our little Baby Sugar and Spice when the time comes. Our dog is so sensitive, it's hard to imaging him wanting to do anything with a baby other than snuggle and kiss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment