Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend of Pampering

This weekend I was able to do some much needed pre-baby pampering. I had my final pre-baby hair appointment and darkened up the locks for fall (by Ryan's request). After that, I went to this wonderful little pregnancy shop in Cherry Creek, Belly Bliss, for a pre-natal massage courtesy of Katie and Vanessa (thanks ladies!). It was soooo relaxing and probably one of the best pre-natal massages I have had during my pregnancy (and I've treated myself and been treated to a few!).

After my massage, I was feeling relaxed and stretched out like a healthy mom-to-be...so I treated myself to a delicious Jamba Juice all-fruit smoothie to top it off!

Also, I was able to use some of the gift cards I had gotten from the NC baby shower to buy some things we definitely needed - a convertible car seat and a Pack N Play. Slowly but surely we are getting the things we need. We still need to buy a dresser/changer (Babies R Us didn't have the one we wanted in the color we wanted, so we will need to order it...same as the crib), and I will need to make a special trip to REI to get my BOB stroller and infant car seat adaptor sometime before the baby arrives. It is overwhelming how much stuff this baby will need! Of course, I'm sure we'll learn as we go just as all parents do and we will find out what we really need and what we don't really need. Good thing I have her closet all cleaned out to accommodate all of her new little girl clothes, accessories and such. She is already starting quite the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment