Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Everyone knows what jicama is, right?


Today we are 32 weeks pregnant - 8 months! Baby Sugar and Spice should weigh about 3 3/4 lbs, which is about the size of a large jicama (see picture if you aren't familiar with jicama). That's already a big baby! No wonder my back is aching!

Now she is supposed to be packing on the pounds, which means I will probably be packing on the pounds as well.

It is getting harder for me to roll over in the night, but I need to because my hips start hurting if I stay in one position for too long. I'd really like to sleep flat on my back, but I know it's bad for circulation when you are in your third trimester (evidenced by the fact that I got very dizzy and light-headed at my last ultrasound from lying back in a reclined position). So I continue to roll from side to side.

I'm also finding it difficult to get in and out of bed for my nightly bathroom visits. I definitely have to ease up to a sitting position before I stand. No "hopping" out of bed for me!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely don't miss this part of the pregnancy. My suggestion to you now, is to pack your bag for the hospital. I had nothing packed when I went in to labor with Joel and he was born at 34 weeks. You are absolutely glowing with the motherly glow. I'm so excited for you two.

    ReplyDelete