Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Only 6 weeks to go!


Today we are 34 weeks pregnant (8 1/2 months). Only 6 weeks until my December 2 due date! Baby should be about 4 3/4 lbs, around the size of a cantaloupe.

I had a midwife appointment this morning, and it seems like everything is going just fine. I didn't get the exact measurement, but the midwife said my fundal height (size of my uterus) is normal. Baby is head-down with her legs spread-eagle in a very unladylike "froggy" position...so I can feel her kicks and knee jabs on both sides of my stomach.

Also, I got a lesson in pre-natal "exercises" that I should be doing every day between now and when the baby is born. Baby needs to be encouraged to settle into my belly with all of her heavy parts (bottom, back, etc) resting against the front of my stomach...we ideally want her facing backward for birth, head-down. So, I'm supposed to squat on all fours and do pelvic tilts 50-100 times a day to "rock" her into the correct position. Once she learns how comfy she can be in that position, she should choose to settle that way on her own...which is supposed to make my life easier during the birth process. This seems a little crazy to me, but if it will make birth easier I'm willing to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment