Friday, October 16, 2009

If you like Pina Coladas


Ok, so maybe the baby isn't the size of a Pina Colada...maybe I just want one! We hit the 33 week mark on Wednesday. Baby Sugar and Spice is a little over 4 lbs now and is approximately the weight of a pineapple. She supposedly looks less wrinkly now as she is fattening up and her skeleton is hardening.

Baby has been loving to move around during the night. I hope this isn't a habit she keeps after birth! When I roll over in the night, she starts moving like she thinks it's time to wake up. This morning, she even kicked up into my ribs while I was laying in bed snuggling with Humphrey (he needs attention early in the morning). I can almost feel the outline of her little legs and feet when she kicks!

Also, I recently read about Braxton Hicks contractions, and I think I may have begun feeling them. They apparently are painless uterine contractions that are considered "practice" for labor. The uterus tightens and hardens for a short amount of time and then goes back to normal. At first, I just though this was the baby curling up into a tight little ball in my stomach...but now I am second guessing that. At any rate, I'm not feeling it often enough for it to be considered a problem. I've read that these contractions are very normal. If these contractions are anything like labor contractions, I think I'll be able to handle it. Unfortunately, I think labor contractions might be a bit more difficult to manage...

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, Braxton Hicks contractions are nothing close to the real thing. Are you planning on going natural?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plan is to see how labor goes and only get drugs if I need them. Basically, my plan is to not have a plan and do what my body tells me :)

    ReplyDelete