Thursday, June 11, 2009

Will Humphrey make a good big brother?


One of the biggest pregnancy concerns for dog owners is how the dog will get along with the new baby. I have to admit I think about this almost every day. Humphrey is a great dog, and now that he is 2 years old he is growing out of the crazy puppy phase and becoming more of a cool dog with a personality. There are so many days when I look at him lounging around on the loveseat and think "He'll be so great when we have the baby. He'll finally have a little buddy to hang out with!" Then, there are other times when he is being a hellion, running around the house with a slipper in his mouth, when I think "He is just going to have to live in his crate full time when we have the baby." Now of course, he would never live in his crate full time...and we really have no doubt that he will rise to the challenge of being a good big brother when the time comes. But he will have to prove himself to us, and I have heard to never fully trust a dog. But look at that little angel face and try to tell me that you don't think he'll be a good boy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment