Monday, June 15, 2009

Couch Potato

When I imagined my pregnancy before I actually got pregnant, I always thought I would be a model mom-to-be. I planned to exercise 3-5 days a week, eat healthy, and follow all of the "healthy pregnancy rules." Boy was I wrong! I had no idea that my body would start making my decisions for me. I did work out during the first 6 weeks of my pregnancy...but I didn't know I was pregnant for the first 4 weeks, and I didn't have morning sickness the next 2. During those 2 weeks of pregnant bliss, I bought 3 pre-natal work out dvds to get me through my 9 (10) months of healthy pregnancy. I have yet to even take the plastic wrap off of them. Instead, when I come home from work, my body tells me to sit down on the couch with a blanket, the remote and a box of Gobstoppers. How can I argue with that? Even though I wanted so badly to be the healthiest pregnant lady ever, I've given in to the pregnancy urges. I keep telling myself that when the 2nd trimester "high" kicks in, I'll break those dvds out and get to work on building my strength and endurance. Until then...if you need me, I'll be on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment