Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swimsuit Shopping

Swimsuit shopping is never really any woman's favorite activity...so swimsuit shopping while pregnant can go down as my least favorite activity of all time. As I have mentioned before, I am still too small for most maternity clothes, but I am quickly growing out of my regular clothes. So I am in a predicament for the summer. Should I try to squeeze into last year's bikinis this summer at 4, 5 and even almost 6 months pregnant (in August) and show off my growing belly? Or should I break down and buy a maternity swimsuit (tankini with belly room)? And if I do buy a maternity swimsuit, do I buy the cheap one from Target that doesn't fit right (I tried one on yesterday, and it was just awful) or do I spend the money on the expensive one from A Pea in the Pod that looks good on me but costs waaaay too much for a bathing suit that I will wear this 1 summer (or maybe another summer if I happen to be pregnant again in the summer). I plan to go to the pool this summer and I also have a trip planned to Lake Tahoe, so I certainly need something. Advice?

1 comment:

  1. Caroline,

    Too funny! I had the exact same problem you did with maternity clothes and bathing suits. I ended up going with the cheaper Target maternity tankini. Be forwarded the top will float up in the water which was always amusing. Now I have the new problem of trying to find a swimsuit post baby. I've lost my baby weight yet my stomach isn't quite the same so do I go with bikini? I am technically a mom now so do I do a mom suit? I ended up getting a cute tankini and a whole piece. I showed my mom and she liked them for herself! There's full circle moment for you. Hope to see you Monday at book club!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete