Friday, June 5, 2009

Feeding Schedule

One of the things I have been most surprised about with pregnancy is how few actual cravings I have had. However, my first 14 weeks have been filled with lots of food AVERSIONS. I'm starting to be able to eat a little more normally (I don't feel like I'm going to die if I don't eat every 1 1/2-2 hours), but there are still certain foods that turn my stomach. The main one is ground beef...one of the past staple foods in our household. I'm talking burgers, tacos, meatloaf, casseroles...I don't want any of it. And I don't want to smell it either.

Here's my eating schedule on a normal day:
7:45 am - skim milk with Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed in (I've had one every day since week 8)
9:45 am - toast with peanut butter and maybe some honey
11:45 am - handful of cheese-its or an oatmeal cream pie (to tide me over until lunch)
12:15 am - bland lunch at a restaurant (probably soup, salad or the like)
2:00 pm - flav-o-ice/chilly willy popsicle
3:30 pm - another 3 handfuls of cheese-its or a frosty/milkshake if I feel like going out for a treat
4:30 pm - grapefruit with honey (if I remember)
6:30 pm - quiche (from the freezer, hopefully florentine flavor)
7:45 pm - mint chocolate chip ice cream

I might mix it up a bit by trying to have some chicken...or some non-raw sushi rolls like I had yesterday (actually, they hit the spot...especially with the pickled ginger).

I've been telling Ryan that I am ready to get to the "eating stage" of my pregnancy. Even though it probably seems that I am eating all the time, I usually do not finish my big meals (lunch and dinner) because I'm not hungry anymore after 2 bites....and nothing tastes all that good. I think it has something to do with the weird taste that is always in my mouth. At first it seemed sour, but now it is turning bitter/metallic. I wonder when those cravings for weird and wonderful junk food items kick in...?? I'm ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment