Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Snickers does not satisfy

During my first trimester, I had a lot of trouble with eating...as in NOTHING sounded good (or even edible) to me. However, my stomach felt better only when I was constantly eating. What a dilemma! I either had to force down food that sounded repulsive or risk a vomiting/dry heaves spell. I usually opted for forcing down the food. The only problem was that I had absolutely no idea what would sound good (edible) until the exact moment I was ready to eat. So I found myself at fast food restaurants and the vending machine more often than I would like to admit. And apparently during pregnancy your tastes can change dramatically from what they were pre-pregnancy. Plain bagel with plain cream cheese = goes down well. Spinach salad = bad stomach ache. One of the biggest surprises came on a day when I spent about $3 in the vending machine on various candy bars...and NONE of them tasted good. What??!! I'm a chocolate lover...how can this be? Sadly, chocolate candy has been a victim of my pregnancy. It just doesn't taste good any more. Will this crime against nature persist during my remaining 5+ months of pregnancy??

No comments:

Post a Comment