Friday, June 26, 2009

Legends

Yesterday I took the day off from blogging to remember 3 legends who passed this week: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

The passing of Michael Jackson hits especially hard because his music and persona were iconic during most of my formative years. However, his life seemed lonely and tragic due to how much he missed out on as a child and how fame corrupted his lifestyle. As I go down the path to parenthood, Michael Jackson's story makes me think about what will be important to me as a parent and what will be important for my children. Through show business, he was forced to grow up quickly and never got to experience the joys of being a child. Even at 50 years old, he was very childlike and seemed to relate better with children than with adults. But he always said that he was most at home on stage and enjoyed performing because he was able to make his fans happy. He was a wonderful performer, a musical legend, and he will be missed.

I wonder if Michael Jackson and his music will be to my kids what Elvis and his music have been to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment