Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sweet Emotion

Everyone keeps telling me that pregnancy really kicks the emotions into high gear, but I had yet to experience that...until last night. I'm not really a crier, so I thought I would be able to make it through my pregnancy without the waterworks. I've heard of pregnant women crying while watching the news, while driving to work, even when a certain commercial comes on. So far, I made it through my first trimester and into my second trimester pretty tear-less.

Last night I saw that Dan In Real Life was on Encore. I saw this movie in the theater, but it's been a while so I decided to watch it again. It's a pretty cute movie about a widower with 3 children who hits it off with a new woman...only to find that she is his brother's new girlfriend. The plot thickens when they all vacation as a "family" in a remote vacation home. I sat on the couch, Gobstoppers in hand, laughing and enjoying the movie....until the family talent show scene. The boyfriend/brother character, Dane Cook, pulls the widower, Steve Carrell, up in front of the family to perform "Let My Love Open The Door." The performance is cute and funny as Dane Cook forgets his words, and Steve Carrell (accompanying him on guitar) chimes in to help with the lyrics...UNTIL the tone gets serious as the widower tearfully sings the final verses of the song...

"When tragedy befalls you
Don't let it drag you down
Love can cure your problems
You're so lucky I'm around"

That's when I lost it. And I mean I sobbed. Hard. And then I laughed at myself for being that typical pregnant lady on the couch with a box of candy crying her eyes out at a silly movie. Guess you can't escape the preggo hormones!

1 comment:

  1. Haaaa!! Try Marley and Me for a real display of preggo emotions!! :)

    ReplyDelete