Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hips Don't Lie

Now that it is impossible and uncomfortable for me to sleep on my stomach, I have assumed the recommended pregnancy sleep position - on my side with a pillow between my knees. This sleep position is supposed to ensure the baby gets maximum blood and nutrients. Little did I know that this would lead to a new problem...HIP PAIN.

For the past week or two, I have been noticing that my hips have been bothering me at night. Now the pain has followed me into the daytime hours too. I've been limping around the office, so I decided to ask my midwife about this. Apparently the problem can be helped with the aid of more pillows. I apparently need a pillow behind my head, behind my back, between my knees and under my belly (once it's big enough to hang on its own). OR, I need to spring for one of those crazy noodle-like pregnancy body pillows. The only problem is that Ryan and I are still sleeping in a full sized bed (yes full as in double bed...smaller than a queen). I'm not sure if a pregnancy body pillow would fit in the bed with us since it is approximately the size of another adult.

Humphrey has already begun to get frustrated with the pillow situation. For the past 2+ years, he has always slept on our bed. But over the past few nights, I have gotten up wondering where he is only to find him downstairs on the big chair or even in the guest bed last night (apparently he thinks he his a guest).

I know you're probably thinking we just need to upgrade to a queen or king bed, but with baby furniture and other baby necessities on the horizon for our little Sugar and Spice we just can't imagine spending the money on a big purchase for ourselves right now. But when I'm 8-9 months pregnant, we may be singing a different tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment