Wednesday, September 9, 2009

3rd Trimester...Here We Come
















Today I am 28 weeks pregnant...this begins the 3rd trimester. I am 7 months pregnant now! Baby is the size of a head of napa cabbage.

I went to the midwife yesterday, and I have gained approximately 19 lbs. I've put on some weight since my last appointment! However, since I am supposed to put on between 28-40 lbs, I seem to be right on track in the weight department.

My fundal height (the size of my uterus, which houses the baby) is measuring 27 1/2 weeks, so everything seems to be growing just fine. My midwife also complimented me on my belly cream, the Mama Mio Tummy Rub! Apparently it is worth the money I am shelling out for it, because my tummy was still soft and silky (with no stretch marks to report...yet) after a full day of wearing the cream.

All of my blood results and glucose results came back in the normal range, although the midwife did say my iron levels are a bit low. I'm not anemic and do not require a supplement, but she did encourage me to work red meat back into my diet. In fact, I could have a bit of red meat every day. This will be a huge change since I haven't really eaten beef since early May, but I've already had a half a burger (dinner last night) and a small serving of steak (lunch today).


Me at 27 weeks pregnant (still in my 6th month)


Yikes! That's a big belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment