Monday, August 3, 2009

Making room for baby

This weekend, Ryan and I began the task of moving furniture around to make room for a baby to live in our 3rd bedroom. In order to turn this room into a nursery, we had to move Ryan's office downstairs, move Ryan's "man room" out of the 3rd bedroom, and reconfigure our upstairs "loft" into a multipurpose area.

Ryan took on the big task of putting together a brand new office desk for himself. While he worked on that, I put all of my pre-pregnancy clothes into storage containers not to be opened until after baby is born. I was surprised at how full our closet still is with only my maternity clothes, business suits (that I couldn't bear to fold up), and Ryan's clothes. Of course, we were storing half of our clothes and most of our coats in the room that will be the baby's nursery, so those were moved back into our closet or into the downstairs coat closet...and they are taking up a lot of room!

Now the baby's room is almost empty (with the exception of a large tv that we need to find a home for), and I will be ready to paint it next weekend! We have decided to keep our nursery pretty neutral so we can re-use decorations for future baby(ies). We plan to paint the room a light brown and decorate in brown, green and cream (with little pops of bright blue). We will incorporate some bird-themed items that we already have and give the room a nature-inspired feel. Can't wait to get started!

Also, I don't know if it was the recent decision to add a pop of blue to the nursery or some other factor...but I had the weirdest dream last night that I went in for a 2nd ultrasound and the sonographer announced that I was going to have a baby boy. I remember feeling so shocked because I am so prepared to have a baby girl come December. Of course, we'll be happy with a healthy and happy baby of any gender...but if we do end up having a boy, he'll certainly have a lot of girly stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment