Monday, August 10, 2009

Another midwife visit












Today Ryan and I went in for our 23/24 week midwife visit. At this visit they did a blood glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. I had to drink a very sugary drink and then they drew about 5 vials of my blood. Not fun! I chose the "cola" flavored drink. It was carbonated, and after my 5th 1 oz shot of it (I was supposed to drink 5 ounces) I burped up a mouthful of foam! Oops, hope I held down the full 5 oz!

We won't get results today...and I was told no news is good news.

Also, I got my weight checked again today, and it looks like I have gained exactly 11 lbs since my first appointment. The midwife said I am right on target, and I will continue to gain 3/4-1 lb a week from now on. Since I was on the small side at the beginning of my pregnancy, apparently I am ok to gain anywhere between 28-40 lbs! Wow, I can't imagine gaining weight that quickly...but I'm sure it will happen since the baby is going to have to grow from a 1 lb mango to a 7-ish lb big baby girl in the next 16 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment