Monday, February 13, 2012

Add another thing to the list

On top of everything else going on, today I got a call from my midwife that I have gestational diabetes.

 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001898/

It is one of the most common pregnancy problems/complications, and it is easily managed.  My midwife said it looks like I have a fairly mild case that should be able to be managed by watching my diet carefully.  But I'm still frustrated that I have so much to worry about with this pregnancy. 

I will be meeting with another doctor and a nutritionist in the next week.  In the meantime, it looks like my Girl Scout cookies will be finding a home in the freezer for the next few months...

4 comments:

  1. Sad day!! :( So sorry, Caroline...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They diagnosed me with gestational diabetes too...but then I never had a high sugar level, so they stopped making me check my sugar as often. Don't worry!! I bet you will be totally fine!! Just eat that girl scout cookie and a little protein at the same time!;) xoxo, Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through google...its nice blog as well as family...Thanks for sharing a beautiful and high quality information.I am watching Entertainment news . Its interesting ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Through questing, customer can stage up quickest. In the quests, you have to deal with some specific missions for various figures to be able to destroy opponents, animals, provide information, companion allies, and much more. Enjoying the Game Power stabilizing with the help of on the internet books is the best way to win the encounter. http://www.fifacoinfast.com
    Buy WOW Gold
    RS Gold

    ReplyDelete