Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Almost 4 months

I can't believe that Josie is already almost 4 months old! On March 21, we will officially hit the 4 month mark. She is over 12 lbs and growing so fast. Each milestone is getting closer and closer.

Josie is smiling and babbling like crazy, and she is well on her way to rolling over. On Sunday night, she rolled from her tummy onto her back on her own for the first time. She is still working on rolling from her back to her tummy. She tries arching her back and she can get all the way onto her side, but she can't quite make it over her shoulder. This makes her very mad, and she screams until I help her all the way onto her belly. Once she gets over, she props herself up on her elbows to look around. Unfortunately, she can't always roll back over (she's only done it a couple of times), so then she screams again until I help her get over the other way.

Josie still loves her swaddle, and she is swaddled for sleep every night. Luckily, Ryan and I know other people who swaddled their babies for a long time (some until they are 9 months old!) so we feel like we still have some time before we have to teach her to sleep through the night without the swaddle. Today she took an hour and 1/2 nap without a swaddle (but with the pacifier), so that's progress. :) My favorite swaddle blankets are Aden + Anais because they are so big, soft and give a little bit. I should make a list of all of my must-haves for a first baby....maybe that will be my next blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment