Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Less than 1 month left

Yesterday was officially our "1 month until baby" date. Due date is December 2, so the countdown really begins now. Can you believe it?

Ryan and I are in the process of completing our nursery. So far, so good. The crib now has sheets and a dust ruffle. No bumper for this baby for safety reasons. Window treatments are up. Ryan got the dresser/changer set up (we ended up buying one after multiple tries, and we are fairly happy with the one we ended up with) after a tough Saturday. We also have the glider/rocker, diaper genie, and some pretty storage boxes.

Since the nursery room is the smallest room in our townhouse (slightly smaller than our guest room), we have squeezed all of the furniture in there that will fit. Luckily, there is still a little storage space in the closet since most of the baby clothes are hanging...so I might be looking for some closet organizers to complete the space. I would love to have a small bookshelf to display all of the children's books we have received, but I have yet to find a nice one that meets the dimensions we are looking for.

I spent part of the day on Sunday hanging art on the nursery walls. I was lucky to find some art that matches our nature/bird theme!

When I have the nursery finished to perfection (or at least my general liking), I will post some pictures. For now, you'll just have to wait and imagine. ;)

Here's a teaser of the fabrics I ordered that my grandma and mom used to make the bedding, window treatments, pillows, etc. It's the Nature-ology collection from Studio e Fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment