Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthing class and midwife visit

In the past few days, Ryan and I have been very busy with pregnancy-related appointments. We finished up our birthing classes, so now we are fully prepared for labor (or at least as ready as we are going to be). We were given a lot of tools for natural pain management, and we are prepared to labor at home before going to the hospital. We just need to buy a birthing ball. The doula gave us a lot of comfortable positions for me to sit, stand and lay in while I am going through contractions. I feel pretty prepared, but I guess I won't really know until I am actually in labor. Hopefully I still have a few weeks before that happens!

Yesterday, we also went to the midwife for our weekly visit. Yes, now we are in the homestretch with weekly visits. They measured my fundal height (35 1/2 cm, so we are in the "normal" range). The baby's heartbeat is in the 130 beats per minute range, also the "normal" range. I also had my Group Strep B test (not fun, but not terrible either). We will get results next week.

Ryan and I have started packing our bags for the hospital, since we know we could be going at any time. I still need to make a final trip to Target to get some necessities for our bags. Some of the things we are packing are kind of funny...like our "digital fireplace" dvd for pain management/relaxation. I'm just ready to feel a little more settled instead of having my life so up in the air. Hopefully that will come soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Olivia fugler, I totally didnt know you had a blog! I have been missing out!!! I would love to add you two to my blog but I need your emails. You can email me at oliviafugler at hotmail dot com
    any way I am so happy for you guys! Sounds like you are doing everything perfectly!! I love that you have a midwife, I have heard wonderful things about how labor goes when you take it all naturally the way its intendend to be done! I envy your belly I still have so long to go!
    happy labor!
    Olivia Fugler

    ReplyDelete